- British author Agatha Christie wrote her famous novel “Murder on the Orient Express” at Pera Palas Hotel in Istanbul.
- Istanbul is surrounded by sea, with the Bosphorus cutting right through it. And yet, snow is common in the city, with the annual average being 18 inches.
- Istanbul has the same population – 13 million and rising – as one of the smallest countries in Europe, Belgium
- Originally named the Tower of Christ, the Galata Tower was built in 1348 at the apex of fortified walls and was used to house prisoners of war, later became an observatory, but now offers a 360-degree viewing gallery of the city.
- Tulips, the symbol of Holland, originated in Istanbul and were sent from Istanbul to Netherlands.
Turkey Tours to See various astonishing location's in Turkey..